A horse in a field near us. There’s two others but I didn’t paint them.
Painted this horse. There are three of them in this field. We’ve gone there recently and attempted to get on speaking terms. But they’re not always near the fence - sometimes they’re miles off in the field, and no amount of whistling (which I can’t do), or sort of clicking noises (which I can do) can get their attention.
There’s also a single lone sheep in the field. This one is a bit more amenable. I was having a chat with it the other night as the sun was making nice colours in the sky. It said that single and love are basically the same word, so they weren’t necessarily necessary were they?
It was at this point that I considered withholding further chats (this sheep always seems pretty lonely so the chats are mainly out of a sense of charity), but I decided to greet the matter head on:
Look, I said, I’m done with all that agonising over this word or that. That’s why I like painting so quick. Let’s get into it and then out of it, before we start to thinking about it. The same applies with the vocabulary.
Ah, he said. Fine, he replied. And then he started eating sone more of the edge of the field by the electric fence.
I wandered on and took a picture on my phone that I printed and painted of a ditch I like and a post with a wire in the distance. There’s always two pigeons on it lately, all close and romantic, until one of them gets arsey and flies off. But they aren’t in the picture.
Should I get an instagram. I genuinely really like how simple this blog is but I think it’s only me who actually looks at it. Oh well, it’s a nice outlet and creates a sense of completion, which creates a wonderful space for the next one - something I never managed to find with writing.
Comments
Post a Comment