Rabbits have been sighted here, but I think this is a hare

In a standing position, at the edge of the trees on the track. You are back where you started. The field to your left has been planted. 

This is not the evening you ran down it to help a man discover the whereabouts of his lost dog. He had told you it’s name but you misheard it. You ran shooting ‘Ammo’, but it might have been Arlo. You didn’t find the dog but why would you when you were calling it’s name incorrectly. 

It is still on the track by the trees. They are pine trees. Late evening in June. The air is cooler here The sun has yet to set. The tops of the trees receiving the breeze. 

It can be hard to set the scene. The earth is still wet and moves with each movement through it. There is a further addition. There are trees also along the edge of the field to your left that has been planted. These are fir trees. 

Beneath the fir trees there is a gap through them. Rabbits have been sighted here, but this is a Hare, i think.

Julie who cuts my hair says she sees a lot of Hares in her fields when she is out walking the dog. Julie used to have an Alsatian called Diesel that I remember from being a kid. He used to sit in the hairdressers and was most friendly.

Julie says Hares are much bigger, and who am I to disagree with her, particular when she is cutting my hair. She leaves the bits at the back that I like that Victoria doesn’t. I refer to these as my flicks. Recently Victoria cut them and I actually quite like it without them, but that is besides the point. The point is that I wouldn’t disagree with Julie about Hares been bigger than Rabbits because  I have heard this myself and think it is the case. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acrylic Tony

Intention

Henry