The trees on the geeen in front of my grandmother’s bungalow
A2 mount board is big stuff and awkward to store in the homestead. Because of which, I am sticking this here, before it gets anymore scuffed on the floor in my little room.
Observe the trees and the shadows cast by them. You are standing beneath the trees, in the shadow cast by them. It is a singular shadow cast by a number of them.
The leaves are made of chalk, some of them, but mainly it is that they are acrylic leaves. I tried to make the light out of chalk.
There are perhaps some further trees in the distance, but you would have to walk a greater distance than I have painted to find them. Or just turn around, which is a possibility for you also, but it depends where you are standing, and how many trees are around you at the time
These trees are on the green in front of my grandmother’s bungalow (apostrophe, yes, but even when she was around it was owned by the Trust and rented out to them). The view in the distance is not what’s there - there are some houses, but that is artistic license. The trees are not made of acrylic, and there is no chalken leaves neither.
I drew a different picture of this scene but I haven’t taken a photograph of it to post here.
I am sat in the car here now, looking at it from a different angle. It looks like this.

Perhaps I will paint it at some point.
There is so much beauty around the vicinity of my Grandmother’s bungalow. Perhaps I need to go to Corfu. But what would that mean to me? This means everything to me, that’s why I park here on my break to observe and be in it.
I can touch my childhood here. Sergeant Bilko is on the little tele with the big back in the little front room of the bungalow. The dog is asleep down the side of my Grandfather’s chair, by the piano. If I say the word we will go for a walk on the playing field to stretch our legs. It is warm outside and cool within. I think I will just stay here until I am picked up.
Comments
Post a Comment